Monday, October 24, 2011

IP Address

Every business nowadays has a website that you can locate them. More businesses are becoming more “tech-friendly” by getting accounts on twitter and facebook.  Also most websites have videos to make people get involved with the visual side of their industry. This week in class, we learned about IP address and how they are created. IP addresses are a code of numbers that connect to a network or website.  Many IP address are running out because so many websites have been made and there are only so much combination one can make. IP address can also be a where computer is located. For example, computers that are connected to a router in a particular area can be located if you know the IP address.
For my business I would create a website because it will allow information to be sent out. With a website, people can always find out information about events going on in areas that are out of their proximity. Having a website allows for athletes to be seen when they can’t be reached by a scout. I can display scores that some teams posted up and any stats that some players are putting up. Having an internet allows my business to accommodate scouts who can’t make certain games. It also allows people to keep track of their favorite teams or players at all times.  
Another factor to consider in creating a website is picking a domain. When picking a domain it is important to pick one that will make sense with my company name and its mission.  First I will narrow it down to two domain names (.com and .org). After thinking about how I want my business to be portrayed, I would consider getting a domain that ends in .com because even though my business is an organization, it is also a promotional website. Now when people look at the name of my website, they can see that it is also a website that is unique and has a lot of accurate information. Choosing a website is very important because it also gives people an idea of what you are trying to promote. After I find out what I want to promote, then I can start enhancing my website with different attracting features.   

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea Daniel, as a high school athlete I was on "be recruited.com" and thought the site was a bit weak to be honest. I like how you brought a social media aspect into your site. I think it will be good for coaches and scouts to check out a players complete bio rather than just highlight tape. It would also be good idea for the high-schools to participate in this site and post statistics to the site that would automatically go to the players bio. Over all great idea, wish i thought of it.

    ReplyDelete