Sunday, October 16, 2011

Operating systems and digital color

Knowing the basic functions of an operating system can help us understand what is going on when we search something online or when transferring documents to another server. Linux was one of the first operating system and it was a successful one up until we made advancements on how we use the computer. Now we can translate information without having to put certain codes in the computer manually. When I was doing a lab, I found out the using this program you have to be very specific when you type something into the program. If the file name is not the exact one as the one you saved, it will not go through the system, in turn, driving you nuts! Learning how to use Linux made me think of a computer as a calculator because you have to put formulas or words the same way it was originally written.
If I would have known that this program wanted me to be more specific, then I would’ve had less trouble.  Knowing how to use operating systems allow you to find out problems happening with the computer by seeing what is going on behind all the designs and into the “computer talk” of the computer. This will help my business because if I knew more about operating system, I will be able to fix problems happening with the internet. Also this will help me because if I wanted an office with more the one computer, it can help me out with virtualization immensely. This helps me with virtualization because if I wanted to transfer certain documents to another computer, I would be able to send it when it won’t go through normally.
Digital colors are also important to a business because web designing is a big part for any big corporation. Good web designing skills help the business because certain colors can come out to be strong and powerful when it’s conveyed through a good message. For example, not all reds will be the red that you would want, therefore knowing what color suits the company the best, will make it more original. Specifically, knowing how to design a page helps my business because people will be attracted to my website by the way I use some of the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment